Recently I've been making a lot of little animal brooches out of felt. Somehow my interest in crochet has waned a bit since the hotter weather arrived but I still need something to do with my hands! Here's my most recent creation and a step by step guide to making your own.
What you'll need:
- Cut an egg shape out of card stock to use as a pattern.
- Cut out an egg shape for the body, heart for the face, circles for cheeks and leaf shapes for wings and tummy.
- Lay out your pieces to make sure they all fit.
- Stitch on face using 2 strands of floss.
5. Using two strands of floss, stitch on the rest of the owl's parts.
6. Embroider eyes and beak.
7. Cut another egg out of felt for the back. Stitch on brooch pin.
8. Cut another egg out of card stock, slightly smaller than the owl.
9. Coat one side with glue.
10. Adhere card stock to backing and coat the other side with glue.
11. Attach owl.
12. Using 2 strands of floss, stitch around the outside of the owl, tucking the end of the thread in between the sandwiched felt.
|I haven't finished the second one yet.|